cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Android My BT App Check WiFi Signal

I have noticed that there appears to be a problem with the Android My BT App 8.29.4 Check my WiFi Signal on a Samsung Tab S8 Ultra.

I am connected to a very strong signal (5 GHz) but the My BT App is showing that it is very weak!

VeteranISPUser_0-1651568299967.png

Check WiFi signal result

VeteranISPUser_6-1651568777474.jpeg

Tab S8 Ultra Connection is Strong full bars.

VeteranISPUser_7-1651568953651.jpeg

Independent App showing that the connection should be Strong displayed on the My BT App Check my WiFi.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Android My BT App Check WiFi Signal

I’m seeing exactly the same result from that version of the Android MyBT app on a Google Pixel 3A.
The Android 12 “network details” screen shows the signal strength as “excellent” and I haven’t noticed any problems with the Wi-Fi connection at all. Just to make sure I ran a speed test over Wi-Fi from the phone, and got a result that was consistent with the normal speed of my broadband connection.

So there would appear to be some problem either with the way that the MyBT app is performing the check, or in how it is reporting the result.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I updated the My BT App to 8.30.2. Unfortunately it still has the same bug 😂 and the result is the same.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Yes, same here. Out of interest I loaded the MyBT App 8.30.2 onto an iOS device to see what that said. Whereas the android app says that the Wi-Fi signal is “poor”, the iOS app in the exact same location says “excellent”. So it seems to be bug in the android version only.

If I get a chance later I might have a look to see if there’s any way of reporting bug in the app.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi @cjm06   Yes, on my iPad Pro the My BT App has always shown Excellent. I have tried some bug reporting routes and they always direct you back to this Community (which is ignored).

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Apologies for resurrecting this after such a while, but I'm getting the exact same issue with my Pixel 6a. I've tried all the usual but with no success.

Was this problem ever resolved?

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Still have the same issue here on samsung note10, note9 yest Samsung a8 tablet reports excellent signal