cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Anti Virus

Go to solution

I have a paid subscription to Norton Anti Virus. Should I turn on BT Web Protect or will it conflict?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Anti Virus

Go to solution

It will not conflict.

It works at a network level and is not installed on your devices.

It is up to you if you think it is of benefit and if you find there are any problems with it you can simply turn it off.

See link

Learn about BT Web Protect | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for response. I was wondering if I could cancel my basic Norton subscription and use this BT protect instead?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

It works differently to AV so not a good idea to use that as a substitute. It won't stop Phishing attacks or anything similar. It'll just warn you of dodgy web sites you might visit.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

As @Dode said plus the fact that there are several good AVs available on free download. If you use Windows the built in Windows Defender is reckoned to be just as good.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

You could cancel your Norton subscription and use the free Norton AV that comes with your BT Broadband package along side BT Webprotect.

See link.

https://www.bt.com/help/security/anti-virus-software/what-is-bt-virus-protect-and-how-do-i-get-it-

0 Ratings