cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Anti Virus Switched from Norton

Go to solution

Just tried to load virus protect on a second device and its switched back to MCAfee from Norton. Should I switch the device that is currently running Norton to MCAfee?

Secondly, I cannot install MCAfee anyway as the download link appears off screen and there is no scroll option to make it appear. If you click the blue box it just disappears.

Any ideas?McAfee.JPG

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Anti Virus Switched from Norton

Go to solution

Hi @GarySC, sorry you're having a problem with the virus protect. 
Are your devices running Android and if so running on 8.0 or a later version?
Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi John

I have BT Virus Protect (Norton Antivirus)  on a Windows 10 desktop. This is all OK.

Have just acquired a Windows 11 Desktop which did have Norton installed but the licence has expired. I click the link to ‘Fix’ with the intention of using another of my 15 licences available but it tries to install McAFee. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @GarySC, thanks for getting back to me. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team for help with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@JohnC2 

Thanks for your inut. 

I have found a solution.

Norton was installed on the W11 desktop but was flagged as ‘Licence Expired’ with a ‘Fix’ link. Clicking that link loaded a McAfee page for some reason but then I was unable to acess the .exe to download.

Instead, I logged into ‘MyBT’ on the new computer and was able to install a fresh version of Norton from the Security page. That looks as though it has worked. 

0 Ratings