cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT App not showing repositories

My BT Cloud has 5 repositories under All My Files. 4 of these are listed as Desktop and 1 as Sync. I want to download everything (200GB) via the BT Cloud App but only the Sync folder is showing in the App.

I have now tried on 2 different PCs and same on both. How can I resolve this please, as downloading from the Cloud itself is totally painful because of the limits of the folder structure and number of files that can be downloaded in one go.

Any help very gratefully received

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT App not showing repositories

have you read this post as it has helpful answers which may help you

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud-is-closing/td-p/2394468

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Yep no help!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi @westmmark 

Are you using the BT Cloud desktop app to try to download all your files?

There is some steps and information on our Download your files from BT Cloud help page to get you through.

Let me know how you get on.

Michael

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Michael

Yes I am using the Desktop app. I have tried it on 2 PCS (Win 10 and Win 11) and have uninstalled and reinstalled (app not running at all now on Win 11, which appears to be a frequent experience for many). The only files I can get are those in the repository marked SYNC, the other 4 marked DESKTOP do not download and are not visible to select in the app

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

There have been some updates to the app today, @westmmark 

Could you try uninstalling and re-installing again please?

Let us know if it's working any better.

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

So this morning I have uninstalled the previous desktop app version and installed the latest attempt on Win 11. It launched (but the  icon is only showing in the system tray and a BT folder or icon is not in the start menu for some reason). It didn't automatically ask for sign-in to Cloud so I used Manage Account in the app which opened a browser tab with the following and so we are no further forward!! :

Error 500--Internal Server Error
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Thanks for giving that a try @westmmark.

I've sent you over a private message so we can grab a few more details on everything that's been happening here.

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi Peter

I have 3 repositories, 2 are Sync and the 3rd is Type Desktop

In the Repository type Desktop I can down load folders of under 10MB using the Web based BT Cloud but larger folders only down load the sub structure with each lower level folder empty. I have no memory issue on the laptop that would prevent this from downloading

Can you please help as I need to get this Repository copied before the end of the month and it is 400GB 

Thanks

Alastair

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Good afternoon @muskyjohnston, welcome back to the BT Community!

Have you tried downloading the desktop app for BT Cloud and restoring your files through here? 
This has been updated really recently so will definitely be the best way to help get these files moved over.

Peter

0 Ratings