cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: BT Cloud App no longer loads on Windows 10

Thanks - will give it a try later. I'll let you know the outcome.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

So I finally got round to calling support today. They were even worse than I expected. A girl in a contact centre clearly following a menu and suggesting all the obvious things that I'd tried in the beginning.

remove and re-install the app

reboot the system etc.

The final comment from BT was to speak to Dell, as it's a Dell desktop and clearly a problem with the desktop (facepalm).

Does anyone have any tips on troubleshooting this issue further ? I've used event viewer on Windows 10, hoping to find a clue as to why the app won't load. Where's the best place to look in the event viewer ?

I've also tried turning off Windows defender, in case that was stopping it loading, as well as trying it on different internet connections. Still no joy.

Is there a way to get through to a higher tier of support and not have to speak to someone who's just there to help users with the technical knowledge of the Saga generation ?

Thanks in advance for any tips

@henryfm 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

I have downloaded the app onto my Windows 10 desktop ( Version 21.12.15) and this is just useless. If I click on the Open Preferences (cog icon) nothing happens. If I click on launch webpage, nothing happens. I have uninstalled & re-installed several times and rebooted over & over but no change. 

I have a large amount of picture I am trying to backup (approx. 0.5 TB) and if I try the webpage, this just times out frequently, is there a way to schedule backups? 

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

I tried everything to resolve the issue and had to give up in the end, as non backed-up data accumulated on my Windows desktop.

The resolution has been to buy a new pc that supports Windows 11 and therefore perform a new install. I'd already done a reset of Windows 10 and after a "clean" install of the agent, it still would not work. Sounds drastic, but I depend on the cloud for data retention (as well as local backup). Therefore a £200+ new desktop box  (refurb) seemed a necessary expense compared to loosing valuable data.

Sorry - this doesn't probably help you, though you have my sympathy in having chosen a product that simply sucks, with a support service that doesn't seem to go much beyond - "is the PC powered on" 

@shopps 

0 Ratings