cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Cloud Downloads

Go to solution

Hopefully I've not studied the guidance sufficiently but was a bit shocked after downloading and unzipping My Pictures to find that all the pics had been restored  to \Pictures, no subfolders.  Got to hope I'm not doing it correctly otherwise BT Cloud's usefulness is, for me, seriously downgraded.  Come on someone, tell me to RTFM. ☹️

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Cloud Downloads

Go to solution

@Earthlingwrote:

Hopefully I've not studied the guidance sufficiently but was a bit shocked after downloading and unzipping My Pictures to find that all the pics had been restored  to \Pictures, no subfolders.  Got to hope I'm not doing it correctly otherwise BT Cloud's usefulness is, for me, seriously downgraded.  Come on someone, tell me to RTFM. ☹️

Selective Download includes sub-directories. See message 7 onwards here :

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/Downloading-BT-Cloud-sub-folders-doesn-t-d...

The latest (?) version of the Desktop app 22.8.10 now has a Download from Cloud option

x.jpg

On the few occasions I've tried it it works for small directories, including sub-directories, but crashes the app on larger directories. As I use three external drives for backup I'm not inclined to look at the log files, let alone pursue the apparent bug with BT.

Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Cloud Downloads

Go to solution

Very grateful for that Geoff.  Just tried it on my \Pictures folder -27 subfolders with over 1000 files - and it appears to have worked correctly.  To be truthful I've never previously really noticed the Download from Cloud button so can only blame myself, though the absence of a good user manual hasn't helped. 

0 Ratings