cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

BT Cloud backup multiples of same files

Hi.

I noticed that my online BT backup seemed to taking up about 22% of my 1k GB allowance so opened up the online backup. I found that there were a large number of files duplicated, in the main these were music tracks, however these were  in most cases listed around 10 times or more one after the other and then again further down the list.

I am not very tech minded but decided to remove the music from the backup.

I use robocopy to initiate the backup to the BT Cloud folder so removed that line from my robocopy.

I then deleted all references to the music files in the BT Cloud file and music folder in my C:\USER\music folder.

That took about an hour or two to do.

Next time I started up I checked the status of  the BT Cloud backup and found it merrily re syncing up my music files! This was around 9pm, left it to continue as it may screw up if I shut it down mid-way.  Went to bed then woke up around 2am found  it was still syncing and it didn’t stop until around 6pm that day, so around 21 hours! I then found the backup size had increased by around 2GB.

Bit of a loss to understand what is going on here, is there a BT idiots guide BT Cloud backups ?

I have my music backed up to USB sticks so do not need them on my BT Cloud backup.

The questions only easy if you already know the answer
0 Ratings