cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Game Pass Ultimate Subscription

Good evening,

I enjoyed the 12 months game pass ultimate that I received free with my broadband almost 2 years ago, I got an email recently stating it was getting cancelled because BT thought it was ordered fraudently, whilst I have no issue with this, getting a game pass again is a major hassle, as my Xbox account now has a permanent link to the BT Game Pass Ultimate, and I cannot re-subscribe using the microsoft webpage, as it seems forever my game pass will be controlled by BT, this is not fair to be truthful, as if I leave BT and go to another provider, I will still be owning to BT should I wish to have a game pass, all of my free games for like, forever are on that account, I've had the account for many years, and it seems that BT can take that away from me.  Can an advisor please let me know how I can rectify the process, in getting the game pass that I have on that account released from the management of BT.

Kind regards 

John

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Game Pass Ultimate Subscription

@djjohhnyjetson welcome to the community and thanks for posting, is your game pass still showing active in MyBT?

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi

There is no tab for game pass in mybt account now. I believe they have removed it due to the fraudulent activity. I can't understand why they cancelled them all without speaking to the customers first, but now this has happened, I just don't want it to be controlled by BT any longer, as if I cancel with BT in the future, which is likely to happen in August when my contract expires, I don't want to have my xbox account ransomed by them. 

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi, @djjohhnyjetson I'm sorry about this, we can undo the fraud cancellation if this has been done in error. Alternatively, we can also help you regain control if that's what you would prefer, this should happen automatically after the game pass subcription stops and it's not being held to ramsome.

I'll be happy to look into this and will send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi Neil

I'd rather let it go and let me regain control rather than have it as a BT control. 

I just prefer it that way, because if I do leave BT, I really don't want the account getting controlled by BT and me not being able to get it back without a fight to get info etc. 

Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated, I've sent you the private message.

Kind regards

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi everyone!

Sadly, I am having to bump this thread, still no reply from BT as to how they are going to deal with this going forward, the only email I received was on 24th Feb, nothing since.  Are they ignorning my request, my game pass subscription is still owned by BT, I really don't want it owned by BT, I want it in my hands, do I need to go to the Ombudsman??  

Help me please!!!

John

0 Ratings