cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT Cloud files not syncing properly.

I currently have  three desktops and a laptop all running Windows 10 Pro 19042.844 and all have BT Cloud version 20.6.1.  In my Sync Folder I keep Excel and Word docs along with other files that I want accessible from them all. I seem to have problems with the syncing.  If for instance I create a Word doc. on PC #1 and later try to access it from my laptop---it's not there. I have to power the PC#1 back on and it now syncs the file when it restarts. Now it is available from the laptop. It doesn't seem to upload  the amended file to the cloud after I save it.

If I do the same exercise using Microsoft OneDrive, I see it gets updated immediately after I save it. No problem there.

Have uninstalled/reinstalled BT Cloud but that didn't help.  The syncing only seems to happen when I power the PC on and sometimes when I power off.

Anyone else experiencing this?   

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Cloud files not syncing properly.

@RTLwrote:

I currently have  three desktops and a laptop all running Windows 10 Pro 19042.844 and all have BT Cloud version 20.6.1.  In my Sync Folder I keep Excel and Word docs along with other files that I want accessible from them all. I seem to have problems with the syncing.  If for instance I create a Word doc. on PC #1 and later try to access it from my laptop---it's not there. I have to power the PC#1 back on and it now syncs the file when it restarts. Now it is available from the laptop. It doesn't seem to upload  the amended file to the cloud after I save it.

I haven't had your particular problem, because I don't use Sync, but the app often stalls, without logging any error.

Instead of powering off try exiting the Cloud app and restarting it. Should have the same effect.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

There's a big problem with that version of the app, I believe BT are working on a fix.

Resist the temptation to uninstall it and try again, many people have tried that and reported file corruption.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud-Won-t-Start/td-p/2117275

Message 4 of 11

@GeoffSmith   Thanks for your response. Just to clarify--- I'm powering off as I have finished on the PC.

@Les-Gibson  Thanks for the link. The Cloud starts o.k. for me---it's just the syncing I'm having trouble with. 

According to the link you gave:-

We’re expecting a version that we can share with those still having issues during the week starting on 15/03/21.

Do you think this will be limited to the existing beta testers only or will it be made more readily available for others to try?   

@SeanD       If you're looking for beta testers, I'm happy to be one.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

@RTL 

I don't know.

I saw the post by @SeanD and thought it was rather curiously worded. I got the impression that some of those who have complained about this issue have been recruited as Beta testers for the next update and that the rest of those on the thread I directed you to will be offered the update next before it becomes available for wider download.

Having said that, I've been wrong before and could be again. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

I have a similar setup to RTL's with 3 Desktops and 2 laptops.  I am having the same problem. 1 of the desktops acts as a controller for some hardware I'm using and is connected by wifi(With a good signal) from a shed.  The other 2 Desktops are connected to the hub by ethernet cable. Any modifications I make to the data files might be made on the shed PC or one of the house PCs. I use BTCloud to sync the files as Win 10 is very flaky with its network and the shed PC drops out of the network even if BTCloud is still accessible. so what I have noticed over the past few weeks is

1) 1 file has been downloading for over 2 days now 

2) Although the total size of the cloud folder is 90.8 GB, the cloud app says I'm using 260GB of space. I've deleted any old and duplicated (conflicted) files.

3) On the app, the cloud icon is red and when I click on the resume syncing button, it will not resume.

4) Music files are not being uploaded to the cloud when I've added or modified them but might do after a day or so. I currently have a queue of 951 files waiting to be uploaded.

TBH I'm highly unimpressed with the new app.

Chris.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Can anyone help me please?

BT Cloud App on Windows 10 was working fine until around two weeks ago (end of November), since when I have noticed it is not uploading the documents in the documents folder

It is strange because photographs and desktop folders seem to be uploading okay

All three folders are selected to upload in settings

Any advice would be very welcome as I am obviously concerned about this lack of backup

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi, @MillerG I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your cloud backup. I can ask our BT cloud team to take a look at that for you and will send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with your details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Was this issue ever resolved, I seem to be having the exact same experience one year on: files saved to one pc often take over 24hours to upload & be available on another pc

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@Inscrutable1    I don't have any problems using Sync on my PC's. They are all running  BT Cloud version 21.8.9.  Also, they are a mixture of Windows 10 and 11.  If you're on this version, then probably best to contact the Help Desk if it isn't working for you----I wouldn't let it drag on.

0 Ratings