cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT Cloud for desktop PC

Go to solution

Help! My BT Cloud app hasnt been syncing properly for ages with constant error messages on my PC, so I decided to uninstall it and reinstall it, as per the suggestions elsewhere on this board.

However I am unable to download it to my PC to reinstall it - when I follow the link to this page http://u.bt.com/cloudpc the page doesn't connect. As I know I am definitely connected OK to the internet the suggestion is that I need to "Allow Microsoft Edge to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings." As the firewall I am using is Norton Antivirus provided for free by BT that does seem a bit odd...your own antivirus software is blocking your own pages!

Anyway I had a look but I can't "allow" the BT cloud website because the Norton Antivirus that BT provides does not provide an option to add individual websites and simply has "smart firewall" set to on as the default.

I therefore instead turned off the firewall in Norton but that didn't resolve the issue with access the page to download the BT Cloud app for desktops.

So what do I do now please BT?!!!!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Cloud for desktop PC

Go to solution

@Sleepysue   It's not just you that is affected. My BT Cloud is running o.k. at the moment but tried to download the install file again as a check. I get the same result as yourself. According to the "Is it Down"  website---it's down for everyone. 

BT Cloud  App DownloadBT Cloud App Download

Don't know what is going on--could be BT are in the process of issuing a new version and have restricted the download of the current version or they have other problems. 

Perhaps a Moderator can give an explanation as to why or contact the Help Desk. 

@SeanD  @PaddyB  @JohnC2 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Plus one, just signed up for the cloud storage and can't get the bleeping app!

Sort it out BT!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Login to BT Cloud  https://btcloud.bt.com/

Click on the "Hello" pull-down at top right.

Select "Get the Desktop app", and it should download immediately.

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks Geoff, that worked! I didn't think to look there for another way to download the app so thanks for sharing.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

That worked for me too. Thanks.

Shame the email they send out on signing up has a link that doesn't work though!

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks - so frustrating BT seem so inept at updating their instructions how to do such a simple thing. Wasted best part of an hour going round in circles clicking on the links BT provide. If I performed so poorly in my job a P45 would be on the cards right away. Get a grip BT and sort out your "help" (lol) and guidance pages now.

Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@GeoffSmithwrote:

Login to BT Cloud  https://btcloud.bt.com/

Click on the "Hello" pull-down at top right.

Select "Get the Desktop app", and it should download immediately.

Does the desktop app work these days?

I have discovered that mine has not been syncing properly for a while despite looking like it had been. When you login to website the backup is months old. I have been trying to get it to sync over last few days and doesn't seem be updating backup.

Do we now just have to upload directly through the website?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Have you tried what I had to do...which was uninstall it completely then redoenload the desktop app and start again...that seems to have resolved it for me...so far anyway....

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@Sleepysuewrote:

Have you tried what I had to do...which was uninstall it completely then redoenload the desktop app and start again...that seems to have resolved it for me...so far anyway....

Yep I had to reinstall and start again as I had to reset laptop. But when I check backup it still shows last backup as months ago. I can upload direct on web but really would prefer it to just sync like it always used to.

0 Ratings