cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 151 of 237

Re: BT Cloud is closing

I started the download at midday - NOTHING has downloaded. It is still "syncing" but no sign of any activity.

0 Ratings
Message 152 of 237

I think I have fixed it.

I tried deleting the BT Cloud folder and re-syncing. No dice.

I tried to download a whole folder to my Downloads but BTCLoud said "not enough space" - there was plenty; it seems BTCLoud was looking for a whole TB not just the content.

So I mounted my NAS and downloaded to that. So far so good, although sync itself "keep all files on this computer" does not want to work.

0 Ratings
Message 153 of 237

Re: BT Cloud is no longer available

I just got my service taken out of contract after writing to the CEO, I had renewed in April and the Cloud was a reason to stay with BT rather than going to another open reach provider.
Message 154 of 237

Just wasted an hour on the BT Help messaging system trying to negotiate a discount for the withdrawal of BT Cloud so if you are contemplating doing the same don't bother!

Best they could offer was a reduction of £5/ month on the basis of a new 24month contract with half my current speed and the withdrawal of my current wifi discs and hybrid connect!

Pathetic! Currently paying £70/month for Fibre with Halo 3+ 

Sadly I am stuck in contract until next July but close to that time as soon as I calculate that I will be saving money I will be cancelling, paying the early termination charge and switching to Trooli who I can now get locally with fibre to the house and a 500mb speed for £30/month and that price guaranteed for 24 months.

Asuaul BT are just taking the p1ss! 

Message 155 of 237

Yes BT are wiley. Calling it a free service.

0 Ratings
Message 156 of 237

@bucketbot1 

"Best they could offer was a reduction of £5/ month on the basis of a new 24month contract with half my current speed and the withdrawal of my current wifi discs and hybrid connect!"

With the reduction in speed and loss of the WiFi discs and hybrid connect, that "discount" actally sound like they were offering you a price increase🤔

0 Ratings
Message 157 of 237

@Paul608085 

That's exactly the case.........idiots! 

0 Ratings
Message 158 of 237

Yep, just like a box of biscuits, remove a couple or make them smaller and then increase the price - shrinkflation or price gouging? 

0 Ratings
Message 159 of 237

Can you share the reply you got, anonymised if necessary, please. It would be of help to several, I suspect.
0 Ratings
Message 160 of 237

Dear @Bodgeit1
Are you prepared to help others by outlining the steps you took to get a favourable reply from the CEO's office? What arguments did you make.
Thanks
0 Ratings