cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 32

Re: BT Cloud says "You've run out of space in the local disk G" - NOT SOLVED

Go to solution
Thank you for the update. Better work out which cloud storage to switch to now.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 32

Re: BT Cloud says "You've run out of space in the local disk G" - NOT SOLVED

Go to solution

@DH1002006  Your responses from BT don’t make sense. Back in October 2022 BT said they would not be offering BT Cloud to new Broadband customers. And existing customers would not be able to increase storage  (I’m assuming from 100G to 1000G for example). 

There’s been no announcement that the service is closing. 

Clearly there’s still an issue with the latest software drop 22.12.11. I’m getting the same ‘no disk space’ message.

I’ll try and raise it with BT too. Persistence is the key.. I’ve been waiting for over a year for issues with Android backup to be resolved! Lots of KCI messages but no action. 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 32

Re: BT Cloud says "You've run out of space in the local disk G"

Go to solution

Hi Robbie, I'm having the same issue so could you mail me how to fix it please. Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 32

Go to solution

I've got the same issue as well and have done for many months.  Strangely, it works on one computer, but not on two other computers.

I've received the latest software update in the last few days and it's still not fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 32

Go to solution

I’ve not spoken to BT yet. But it seems that , when syncing,  the software checks there is enough space on the local drive for ALL the content that’s in the sync folder in the  Cloud. Rather than just the folders that you’ve selected for sync on your PC. If that makes sense?  So on one PC - say a notebook with limited storage - you  may only want to sync a couple of folders but for some reason the software insists on checking you can store/ sync everything. This didn’t happen before so clearly something’s changed. 
I’ll try and give them a call next week. 

Message 26 of 32

Go to solution

I think you've identified exactly the issue!  I just tried clearing my drive so that I had enough space to resync the entire cloud (even though most of it was already downloaded) and it has sprung back into life again.  That just leaves the issue with my other computer, where the hard drive isn't large enough to download everything (and don't want it to anyway)...

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 32

Go to solution

The thing that’s causing the storage  issues messages for me  is the fact that all mobile device  content that’s backed up to the BT Cloud ends up in the sync folder too. So all the videos and photos and stuff that I’ve chosen to backup to the cloud ( around 80GB on my iPhone) are also taken into account when the Cloud  software checks for space. Even though I’ve specifically deselected them in the app. It’s a bit of a pain. 

The bizarre thing is that, if it checks and there’s enough storage space (for everything) it doesn’t download the deselected folders in any case. Which is of course the expected behaviour I want.

But it’s just getting over that space check to start with that’s the issue.

I’m now looking forward to an interesting conversation with  the BT Cloud  team…. Note to self, I really must get out more. 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 32

Go to solution

Well that was good timing. I was going to give BT a call today. But looks like the issue has been resolved. Well for me in any case.

The BT Cloud software on my Windows 11 Notebook has just updated to  22.12.33 and the problem has now gone away.  There's no longer a 'You've run out of space..." message. And I've got the green ticked cloud icon back. It's been a few weeks too.

My notebook also updated to Win11 - 23H2 just before the BT Cloud update. Whether the two are connected, I don't know. But it seemed that the BT Cloud update only happened following the Win 11 update.

Hopefully  it's sorted for other users too.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 32

Go to solution
Yes mine seems to have just started synching again out of the blue.
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 32

Go to solution

Hasn't worked for me.

0 Ratings