cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 32

Re: BT Cloud says "You've run out of space in the local disk G"

Go to solution

Hi

I am having the same issue, I have plenty space on my local drive.

Can someone help as I can't see how to raise anything with BT Cloud as fault.

Thanks

Margo

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 32

Go to solution

I emailed bt and they connected to my pc to see what was happening.  They acknowledged that the problem was with the software and would be fixed in the next upgrade.  No timescale, he just said that it would be at least 2 weeks.  That was almost 2 weeks ago.  Meanwhile if you switch off rhe backup and close the program then open it again. Then resume sync it may work.

Margaret 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 32

Go to solution
Thanks for the response. N
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 32

Go to solution
Hi Robbie,

I have the same problem. I used to have problems of space but not a have plenty of space, but it did not reset properly. It does not synchronise and I get the message: "You've run out of space in the local disk C:\ and we cannot continue". I don't have folders to backup in this laptop.

Could you please help?

Kind regards,
Jose
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 32

Re: BT Cloud says "You've run out of space in the local disk G" - SOLVED

Go to solution

Hi all, 

It seems I solved it. 

In Preferences - Sync, I deselected "Enable BT Cloud sync", then I started Syncing again and it became green. 

I came back to Preferences - Syn and I selected "Enable BT Cloud sync" again. 

I hope  it helps. 

Kind regards, 

Jose

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 32

Re: BT Cloud says "You've run out of space in the local disk G" - NOT SOLVED

Go to solution

Apologies, it seemed solved but it is not. 

Kind regards, 

Jose

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 32

Go to solution

I has this problem a while ago on one of my PCs.  Couldn't fix it then and so set up a new sync directory and moved all my files into that.  This seemed to work at the cost of a day or so uploading all my files again.  Now the problem has returned so I'm trying to find a proper fix that I can replicate.  I tried deselecting "Enable BT Cloud sync" but the "Save" button remained greyed out and so this deselection wouldn't save and rebooting the PC left the settings unchanged and the problem remains.  Does anyone - including BT - have an actual fix?  I'd rather not duplicate all my files again!  For context, I have other PC's where the BT Cloud is working fine.  Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 32

Go to solution

I have had a call in with bt for weeks.  They connected to my computer to try to fix it and admitted it is a bug in the software.  They could not say when it would be fixed as it needs a software update.  I do keep getting messages of apology from them so they haven't forgotten.  

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 32

Go to solution

I bought a new PC a few days ago and have been struggling with the same problem as the rest of you, although my old PC was linked to the Cloud perfectly OK.  I've spent a couple of hours doing all sorts thinking the problem was down to me getting past it!  The BT site is appalling and is always a nightmare to navigate but I just couldn't find anything that dealt with cloud issues so typed in what I saw on the screen, which brought me here.  Have any of you been given a solution yet?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 32

Go to solution

Just been on the web chat with BT to raise this fault - the response was ...

"I have checked with my resources and I am afraid to inform you that Cloud services will be closed by end of October. BT will no longer offer Cloud services. I would request you to take a backup of your files. This is the reason you are getting this error message."

So issue is not solved - but we now have an explanation.

0 Ratings