cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT/ EE WiFi

Go to solution

I had previously opted out of BT WiFi (now EE WiFi), but this became reactivated when I upgraded my broadband package and hub last year.  In my Hub Manager it now says next to Public WiFi Status 'Activated', and 'EE WiFi' and 'EE WiFi X' now appear in the list of WiFi options on my device.

I have tried on several occasions to go into MyBT and opt back into BT WiFi (in order to opt out again!), but I always get the following red error message: 

Sorry something's gone wrong.

There's been a problem while processing your request.

We have registered this problem and will be looking into this shortly.

I tried to resolve this via the BT Web Messaging Service back in October 2023, and was told that the issue had been escalated and would be resolved in 5-7 business days.  However, 4 months on, it is still an issue.  I have also tried phoning 150, but I got stuck going down the wrong set of options and so gave up!  

Please can anyone help?  Basically I either want to be 100% opted out (my preferred option), or 100% opted in (so at least I can make use of the service), but I don't want to be stuck with being half-in, half-out!

Thanks in advance for your time and help 😀

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT/ EE WiFi

Go to solution

Hi @cath2012 Welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry you're having problems opting out of the BT/EE WiFi service. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with your details and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

Message 3 of 3

Re: BT/ EE WiFi

Go to solution
Thank you - I have just replied to your message.
0 Ratings