cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Hotspots WiFi

I have BT Broadband which includes access to 'Free access to 5 million BT Wi-fi hotspots ' which I have been using via the BT WiFi App which whilst not consistently connecting to hotspot did work.

Recently the app kept crashing so I removed and reinstalled it on a samsung s21+ phone. I can no longer log in. The message is ‘! Service problem, sorry our systems are very busy right now, please try again later.’

I have also tried a tablet and a Samsung S24+

This has now been going on for a week

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Hotspots WiFi

Same issue on my mobile. Moto g73 android 14

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

I've a feeling it may well be because the service has been rebranded to EE wifi with a different login process so the BT wfi app no longer works

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Would be nice if we were kept inoformednif that is the case

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

There has been little of no information available from BT or EE about this change. But this seems par for the course with the BT-EE merger shambles.
The BT hotspot app no longer works. All BT broadband subscribers have access to EE hotspots but the connecting process is much more long-winded.
When you want to connect, open WiFi on your mobile phone and select EE hotspot (or some such name)
This will then give you a list of login options. Select the BT subscriber option (or something like it) and use your login name and password to login.
It's a pain having to do this instead of the old BT hotspot system which, once you'd set it up, connected automatically when you used the app.
Why EE does not provide an equivalent app is a mystery only they can answer!