cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Virus Protect - Server Error

I am trying to install BT Virus protect on my devices and I am continually getting a Server Error message.

Looking at other posts on here with the same issue I believe this is down to me having 2 accounts against the one email address (my active account and a now closed account).

I just recently got this resolved and now only have my most recent account on my BT ID. This is working fine and I can now see my bills but I still cannot install BT Virus Protect on any of my devices.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Virus Protect - Server Error

Hi @teknotatts, sorry you can't get the Virus Protect installed. 

As you've the old account removed from the BTID and it sounds like you've claimed the Account Holder status for the account you should be able to add it ok. 
Are you getting the error on the Mobile app?
If so you’ll need to go to My BT > Your Security and click Switch to Norton first. 

Go to My BT > Your Security 

Find the BT Virus Protect tile and click Switch to Norton (or if you are using BT Virus Protect for the first time, select Activate) 

Now open the BT Virus Protect app you downloaded and log in using your My BT username and password. 

Let us know if that resolves things for you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi John,

No the Server Error message is still showing on all devices. I think the issue may be on the Norton side of things because I've had 2 accounts, I seen something similar on another post.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @teknotatts,

I'd like to take a look into this to find out what's happening.

I will drop you a private message that you can reply back to me from. I'm one of the moderators here.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi there,

Still having the same problem with this, can anyone assist?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi, @teknotatts I'm really sorry about that, I've let @RobbieMac know you're still having the same problem.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings