cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Virus Protect from Norton

Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to download BT Virus Protect from Norton, and nothing downloads. I keep clicking on Restart Download and still nothing. Running Windows 11 Home edition (new HP PC installed last Wednesday). I've managed to get this BT Virus Protect from Norton running fine on my brother's laptop (running Windows 10) without any problems. I am able to download other items without any issue, so is this a known issue? Does BT Virus Protect from Norton even work on Windows 11, or is the download page broken? I've looked through the Norton, BT help and Community forums and cannot find anyone else having this issue.

If anyone can offer assistance, I'd be grateful.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Virus Protect from Norton

Go to solution

Hi @Glass73

Thanks for your post and welcome to the BT Community. 

I am sorry for the delay receiving a reply to your message and for the issues you're having downloading BT Virus Protect powered by Norton.  The software does work with Windows 11.

Have you managed to get this sorted since you posted?  If not, can you explain exactly what journey you're following to try and download the software?  If you're still in the same boat and having problems getting the software downloaded we can pick up from here.

Drop me a reply and let me know please.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hello Robbie,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have found out more information since I posted on Saturday. Mainly, that BT Virus Protect from Norton will not download/install on a machine running Windows 11 in S mode. 

So, I can now take appropriate measures, to resolve the issue.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Glass73 wrote:

Hello Robbie,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have found out more information since I posted on Saturday. Mainly, that BT Virus Protect from Norton will not download/install on a machine running Windows 11 in S mode. 

So, I can now take appropriate measures, to resolve the issue.

Thanks again.

Hi @Glass73 

Many thanks for posting back to let me know the reason why you were having problems downloading BT Virus Protect powered by Norton.

You will need to switch out of Windows 11 S mode to download the software.  Have a look here for steps on how to do that:  Switching out of S mode in Windows

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings