cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 27

BT-WIFI-X and EE-WIFI-X

Go to solution

Setting up my new iPhone, I can no longer download a BT WiFi connection profile from within the BT WiFi iOS app to connect to the BT-WIFI-X ssid. 

Without the profile the ssid asks for a user name and password but my bt id doesn’t work. 
The same goes for the EE-WIFI-X which is seemingly replacing the BT-WIFI-X one. 

Any ideas to get this working again?

Just to add the standard BT WiFi/EE WiFi ssids in combination with the BT WiFi iOS App connects  fine so no problem there. 

cheers 

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27

Re: BT-WIFI-X and EE-WIFI-X

Go to solution

See the following links:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/EE-WiFi-Auto-on-SH2-in-place-of-BTWifi-X/m... 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-WiFi-now-EE-Wifi/td-p/2319153 

Just discovered that a neighbour’s SH2 has updated to EE wifi and my iPhone & iPad connected to EE WiFi automatically through the BT WiFi app

Message 3 of 27

Go to solution

I have no problem connecting with “EE Wifi” or “BT Wifi” ssid and using the BT Wi-Fi app.

Out of preference I’ve always used “BT-WIFI-X” with a BT Wifi iOS profile installed.

Just had a walk around the village and the majority of “BT-WIFI-X” ssid have now gone, they’ve been replaced with “EE-WIFI-X” ssid instead. No “EE-WIFI-AUTO” anywhere.

So the question remains, how do you connect to “EE-WIFI-X”?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 27

Go to solution

I thought the previous links included a link to https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/manage-use/using-phone-features/wifi-on-the-london-underground 

EDIT: I’ve only found reference to EE WiFi-Auto not EE-WiFi-X

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 27

Go to solution

I’ve only seen “EE-WIFI-AUTO” on the London Underground and Godshill in the Isle of Wight. This also works perfectly and automatically. 

Message 6 of 27

Go to solution

I found the EE WiFi-Auto in a holiday apartment in Scotland a few weeks ago. I’ve just checked and the one I can get locally is EE WiFi-X but I can’t connect to it either. But EE WiFi I can connect to automatically vie the BT WiFi app.

As you I use to be able to connect to BT WiFi-X but it stopped working several months ago.

Message 7 of 27

Go to solution

BT WiFi or EE Wifi is an unsecured connection.  BT Wifi-X or EE Wifi-X is a secure connection. With ipad or iPhone prior to the name change I would alway connect to the secure connection BT Wifi-x.

When out and about I see more and more EE WIFI hotspots and less BT ones.

When i try to connect to EE Wifi-x is asks for a User Name and Password. The details I used for BT WiFi x don't work so it appears to be more then a name change has happened for what was a secure connection. 

I would prefer to connect to a secure connection so what has happened that we can now no longer connect to the renamed BT Wifi-X.

Ade

IMG_1782.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 27

Go to solution

Yes I know that is exactly what I get I’ve tried searching for EE WiFi-X but nothing is found.

BT WiFi-X stopped working several moths ago.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 27

Go to solution

I’ve gone into the BT Wi-Fi app and the Help menu selected Leave Us Feedback. This opened a new email message with some app details so I added further info about the renaming and the -X hotspot connections asking for username etc. I’ve had a reference number back so might get a reply with some answers. 

might be worth others with the same problem using the Leave us feedback. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 27

Go to solution

Feedback sent. 

0 Ratings