Go to solution

Just completed the feedback.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 27

Re: BT-WIFI-X and EE-WIFI-X

Go to solution

Hi,

Is The BT WI-FI App now not working ?

As looks to me that BT / EE are moving towards SIM authentication for public BT WIFI & EE WI-FI

If you have an EE SIM then BT WI-FI & EE WIFI connects 

I have an ipad & used BT App which used to connect me to BT WI-FI ( …. Using by BB credentials ) - but seems this is being phased out….

Therefore, is the BT WI-FI App for iOS & Android no longer useful?

Thanks,

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 27

Go to solution

The BT WiFI app still logs me in for BT/EE WiFi, but not the -X versions.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 27

Go to solution

I have BT broadband and can log into EE WI-FI using my iPhone, iPad or iMac. All have the latest OSX versions. I find when trying to log into EE WI-FI nothing seems to happen and then after a short while a log in screen opens. I can select whether I’m a BT BB customer from a list and enter my BT details and it connects to EE WI-FI. Somehow it seems to remember this log in when I access EE WI-FI at another time or somewhere else.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 27

Go to solution

@Addy yes I have no problem with logging into the unsecured WiFi with the BT WiFi app but what about the secure WiFi-X that was for Apple devices. I use to login up to several months ago but can’t now.

Have you tried using the BT WiFi app?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 27

Go to solution

I would rather use the -X secure connection.

BT/EE just seem a bit lacking in providing info. They could have sent out email to those registered for the BT wifi hotspots to update about the changes.

As far as I can see the app tells me what I already now. If connected to Private Network or BT/EE Wifi when I open the app it just says "You are connected to ........" I hope I get a useful response to the feedback I submitted via the app .

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 27

Go to solution

I’ve just had a reply from the BT WiFi app team explaining that WiFi-X is being phased out:

Unfortunately, this signal has been withdrawn and is now only available for engineer use. It was originally designated for iPad and iPhones users, due to the way these devices had to connect to our network. However this was resolved and is being phased out and removed.

Whilst the network is an open network initially, to help make sure you receive a safe, reliable and robust service, BT Wi-Fi encrypts your account details at login. We also advise you make sure you have up to date firewall and anti-virus software to guard against any attacks and we strongly recommend you consider using a virtual private network (VPN), which protects your data from being intercepted. You'll find the option to disable cookies via your internet browser options. However please note that some websites may not support this function. Visit our security section to read more about the things you can do to be even safer online.

Edit I missed this part off:

Please continue connecting to BT WiFi and EE WiFi via the BT WiFi app and to EE WiFi-Auto

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 27

Go to solution

HI,

Thanks for the update….

I see move to EAS -SIM for authentication to BT WI-FI & now EE WI-FI / EE WIFI-X

( as these appear on iOS under WI-FI managed networks - likes, of O2 used this method for a while now also )

Therefore, am not sure why we need BT WI-FI iOS App ?

( as was used with BT BB user / pass to login mobile / ipad to BT-WI-FI - ( did not need BT/EE SIM in device - but seems to not work now….. )

As BT WI-FI App still resides in iOS App Store, will this become redundant ?

Thanks,

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 27

Go to solution

@clever_trevor @Sorry I missed this off:

Please continue connecting to BT WiFi and EE WiFi via the BT WiFi app and to EE WiFi-Auto

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 27

Go to solution
Thank you
0 Ratings