cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

BT WiFi app not accepting password

Go to solution

I am on holiday in Northumberland and tried to use a BT hot spot but the app would not accept my password has anyone any suggestions.

Full story

The cottage I am renting does not have WiFi but the next door one has good reception and has BT hot spots enabled as I do.

I can get as far as seeing the log in screen but it does not recognise my password, I know my password is correct as is my BT ID (it is an old one which is not my email address it is my full name) I tried the forgotten password option and it recognised my BT ID and said it would send me a PIN (unfortunately there is no mobile reception so I did not get it until today (3 days later, I am in a café where there is mobile reception) I could log into "My BT" using my ID and password proving they are correct. I can't delete and download the app again as mobile reception is painfully slow.

I have a windows tablet (surface) is there any way of using this to log on to BT hot spots.

So help please, I can only see replies using my phone when out and about so will answer when I see any replies

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT WiFi app not accepting password

Go to solution

@Bob1001 

Your BT ID has to be an e-mail address for you to use BT Wi-Fi hotspots.

Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe  Thank you, no doubt that is the problem. however although I can't do it at the moment how do I change it to my email address. I have not used it for years so must have missed the announcement that BT would no longer support that type of ID as it used to work.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

@gg30340  Thank you, must move on as I can't drink any more coffee in this cafe.

However I logged into "My BT" and do not have the settings option on the top where it is shown in help.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

If you are checking on a mobile device make sure that the browser settings are in "Desktop" mode and not "mobile"  mode.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

@gg30340  I am using a surface windows tablet to access "my BT", now on phone as walking about.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

As per my previous post. If your mobile browser is not in "desktop" mode you may not be able to see the menu bar that is needed in your MyBT in order to make the changes to your BTID.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

@gg30340  as my previous post I used a Windows surface tablet.

EDIT Just tried with an Android mobile in desktop mode and did not see it there either.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Hi, @Bob1001 I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems logging into BT Wifi. It's correct that the username needs to be in the format of an email address.

After logging into MyBT in desktop mode. You need to follow these steps to change your username, select Your Details at the top of the webpage, make sure it's on Profile and on that page you can see a link to Edit Username.

I hope that helps?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings