cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT WiFi app not auto connecting to hotspots

I have a OnePlus 8 phone. A few weeks ago I noticed the BT WiFi app wasn't connecting to hotspots and had to manually log in as existing customer. A bit annoying but I've been too busy to investigate. But my mobile data usage has gone through the roof. Today I spent some time trying to resolve the issue and used the "settings" in the app. Here I get told that my device does not support this auto connecting. However, it's not a new phone and had worked previously. Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT WiFi app not auto connecting to hotspots

Hi @GEPC welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Some devices include an ‘App Optimisation’ feature which can prevent the BT Wi-fi app from automatically connecting to hotspots. Check your device instruction guides on how disable this feature for the BT wifi app.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Neil,  Thanks for the pointer. I found the Optimization option (which says it's for the battery usage) and disabled it fo the BT Wifi app.  I'll see how it goes over the next few days,

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

It seems better, but the BT WiFi App used to run in the background. Maybe once every 4 or 5 weeks It would close but reopening it wasn't too much of a problem. Now I have to leave it open as an app to get the same auto login function! Anyway,  better than it was and data usage back down, so thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@GEPC I'm glad it's better and more importantly your data usage has reduced. Were there any recent updates to your mobile firmware? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Yeo! Update about 5 weeks ago... Could be that! 

If it's a bug, I hope they fix it next time.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings