cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT antivirus licenses

I've had the BT (Norton) anti-virus for some time now, but recently, when adding another device, I noticed that the app on both Windows and Android telling me I'm using 8 out of 15 licenses - when I know I'm only using 4.

So I go to My.Norton.Com and check the devices on my subscription and I see 8 or 9 sets of subscriptions (see attached) - only one of which is mine.  I remove the devices I don't recognise from the set containing my devices.

Then I wonder - 

1) How did those strange devices get into my subscription?

2) Should I be able to remove devices from what are clearly other people's subscriptions?

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Licenses 1.jpgLicenses 2.jpgLicenses 3.jpgLicenses 4.jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT antivirus licenses

If you look closely you will see a Heading "Remove Licence". Click on that for each device you do not recognise the go into you MyBT and change your logon password.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Yes - as I said, I removed the extra devices from the subscription that contained my devices. I should have mentioned that I did change my password.

But - that doesn't answer why I can see subscriptions that aren't mine. And why I can remove devices from subscriptions that aren't mine.  I can't see that I should be able to do that and I can't think the real owners of those subscriptions would be pleased to know that I can.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi there.

I have a trawl around the web, every day. This post appears on the Norton Community Forums.
Title:-     Other user's licenses visible and removable
https://community.norton.com/en/forums/other-users-licenses-visible-and-removable
You'd of thought your ISP would be actioning this anomaly by now ?
TTS 2.gif

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @MikeRowley thanks for your posts, I'd like to bring this to the attention of our virus protect team and have sent you a private message so you can get in touch with your details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings