cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

BT roaming App at home.

Go to solution

If I have the BT wifi app on my mobile or laptop will they connect to my router when at home or is there a conflict? Thanks.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT roaming App at home.

Go to solution

Yes they will connect, its just another wifi source. No conflicts.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

your devices can connect to your home hub BTWIFI but you should normally have your devices set to select the home network in preference to BTWIFI as BTWIFI is not secure

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution
There is no setting on my Android mobile to prefer a network. I can see BT Wi-fi though. If I use BT Wi-fi when out (not done so yet) will it save the logon and use that instead when I get home?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

You need to ask your mobile manufacturer that. I've never heard of a mobile where you can't select wifi source.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution
I can select the source but I see no way of making it a preference.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

If you ask it to Forget BTwifi and any other it selects then your home network should become the preferred one.

Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

I see on Google Play the My BT app has only 3.2 stars. Is it that bad? I have not downloaded it yet. I would like to know if it will allow me to go roaming internet w/o further charges. Is that the case? I have BT Hub (latest 4?). Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

The MyBT app has nothing to do with roaming, it is just for managing your account.

Your BT WiFi app that you already have allows you to connect to hotspots.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution
I have been to the apple store and the BT Wifi app is not there.
0 Ratings