cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Can’t connect to wi fi while out

Go to solution

Hi does anyone know why when I’m out and try to connect to cloud internet it always says server not verified and won’t connect this happens on bt hotspots also , I never had this problem with previous provider it always connected especially to cloud but now I am with bt I won’t 

any help would be appreciated 

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Can’t connect to wi fi while out

Go to solution

What type of device are you using and what do you mean when you say "cloud Internet"?

Is it when you are out and about and you are trying to use a mobile phone to connect to the Internet using the phones 4g signal or using the phones wifi signal at a wifi hotspot?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

have you tried connecting to the BTWIFI network on your own hub to make sure you actually have it set up correctly so it should connect when out

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Hi 

I’m using an iPhone 12 Pro Max 

when I am out I use to be able to connect to the cloud when it came up as an option which the cloud is available in most shopping areas and some pubs but now when it shows I have connected to the cloud on my phone screen symbol it still won’t work so when I look at wi fi settings it says unable to connect to the internet I never had this problem with my previous provider but I’m with bt now , also when I stay at a Travelodge I always pay for their internet and the same thing happens it shows the wi fi symbol on screen as ok but yet in the settings it says the same ..unable to connect to the internet, it works perfectly fine at home , don’t understand why 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Hi thanks for the reply, yes my phone is connected to the hub and works fine it’s when I go out and have no internet I use to get the option come up to use the cloud which I did  but now I have left my previous provider and joined bt  when I’m out and try to join the cloud free internet in shops or pubs it shows I have connected on the screen symbol with full strength but in my phone settings it says unable to connect to internet, this has happened since switching provider I’m lost as I have tried all I know even when I pay for internet at a Travelodge and enter password it says unable to join , I’m using iPhone 12 Pro Max any help be appreciated 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

If you can't connect to the internet at a Travelodge either, it has absolutely nothing to do with BT. It sounds like a security setting on your phone. Apple devices seem paranoid about security but throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I can't offer any advice on settings as I only use Android devices.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

@Trev11 wrote:

Hi thanks for the reply, yes my phone is connected to the hub and works fine it’s when I go out and have no internet.

have you actually tried connecting to BTWIFI not your hub SSID wifi.  if you can connect to your own BTWIFI network then should connect when you are out

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Ok thank for trying though 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

As has already been pointed out your problem has nothing to do with BT. When you connect to a wifi signal when out and about you need to log onto that signal. This usually entails opening a web page for the wifi provider then entering your details. Once you have done that, provided your phone is not blocking you, you should be connected to the Internet.

Message 10 of 19

Bt profile

Go to solution

Hi I am still having problems  on my iPhone 

I am trying to add a connection profile and go through all the motions then at the end I keep getting the same message that is 

the Authenticity of bt wi fi cannot be verified 

so it fails every time I try to install it  anymore know how to sort this please ..

0 Ratings