cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Can't get BTCloud to install and run (21.12.15) - even on a clean Windows install

My BTCloud app stopped working for no apparent reason on my Windows 10 desktop. 

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but to no avail. I open the installed app and then nothing happens.

After wasting a lot of time troubleshooting this, I took the drastic action of reinstalling Windows 10 - a clean reset and installation (without saving data).

I then installed the BTCloud App 21.12.15 and it seems to install, with the appropriate installation window. I then go to start the App and nothing happens.

I am now at a loss, with a very out of date cloud dataset.

I called BT support and just got someone who asked me questions at the level of "Is the PC turned on" then went on to tell me that I need to speak to Dell (omg).

If the app won't even install and run on a clean Windows 10 install, then what's going on ? I have tried different internet connections, to prove that nothing is being blocked by a firewall. No Joy.

Any suggestions appreciated.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can't get BTCloud to install and run (21.12.15) - even on a clean Windows install

Forget the app it's nothing but trouble. Navigate to https://btcloud.bt.com/ from a browser instead

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Can't get BTCloud to install and run (21.12.15) - even on a clean Windows install

Thanks for the suggestion, but I need to automatically sync my drive content to the cloud. Doing it manually at the web would be a pain and difficult to manage.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

me neither...

does anyone monitor these emails from BT?

has anyone got a link to a previous version?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I share your pain. But there’s now some good news. There’s a new update 22.8.10 that’s just been released and it solves the problem. Well it did for me in any case. Hope it sorts it out for you too. Oh, you can get it from the BT Cloud website. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

works for me now....
good news - but my backup was paused for 4 months 😞
0 Ratings