cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Does BT Norton antivirus work on MAC M2 Ventura OS?

Go to solution

Has anyone installed Norton on a new M2 Mac running Ventura OS - and does it work ok?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Does BT Norton antivirus work on MAC M2 Ventura OS?

Go to solution

Hi @carsondave

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

BT Virus Protect powered by Norton is compatible with MacOS 13 (Ventura).  You can see full info about BT Virus Protect here >> What is BT Virus Protect and how do I get it? <<

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I am unable to find anything on the BT website that specifically states BT Norton is compatible with Ventura on an M2 MAC.

I downloaded the software and started to install - however - the software said it detected my Mac Mini M2 as being an iPad.

I therefore stopped the installation.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@carsondave I'm really sorry you're experiencing issues installing BT Virus protect software. If your Mac is running Ventura it should work according to the Norton minimum system requirements

I'll send you a private message so you can contact the moderation team with your details and we'll raise a case with our virus protect team to get this looked into.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@NeilO 

Hello Neil - received private message but not sure why I need to provide so much information to have this issue looked into.

I've been with BT for many years and have a btopenworld email address, Halo 3 etc.

Have had Norton installed on an intel iMac for many years - and recently upgraded to M2 Mac - and this is when issue arose.

I am also logged into my BT account when I post these messages - so having to provide additional personal information on account number, home address and other information asked does not seem necessary or appropriate for validation of a technical issue.

Would appreciate it if  you can help get this investigated and resolved please.

Regards, Dave

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @carsondave Thanks for getting back to me, the BT community is not connected to your BT account so we ask for this information to access your BT account to raise a case for investigation. We have to ensure we comply with data protection rules when accessing an account on behalf of a customer and the information asked for is to ensure that we know the person contacting us is authorised to deal with the BT account. 

I appreciate the need to be cautious when sharing information online but I can assure you that I am a BT employee, if you check my posting history you can see that I've helped numerous customers via the private message facility in the community. If you prefer you can contact BT via our telephone helpdesk or chat facility.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hello

I have MacBook PRO with M2 chip running Ventura and it works no problem at all.

Robert

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the updates/responses - have now got Norton running fine on my system.

0 Ratings