cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

EE wifi causing BT router problems

Go to solution

Have BT super Hub 2 ( the one with he round blue circle and light) on Digital Voice. Friday could not connect my mobile phone to wifi. thinking it was the device failing. So  tried another Android device (tablet) as well as Windows 10 Desktop PC. with same results. Router all fine and DV phone ok. Hub manager showed router perfect (62mps on a line normally around 58-59)  but although devices were listed they were not showing  any connection to router. When I went to tablet the home page had changed to a page showing that BT wifi was now EE wifi and to sign in with my  'BT Broadband account details'!? My BT router name was not listed on available networks. So phoned BT help desk at Darlington who confirmed system was ok up to router. She arranged to send out a tech today, Saturday 2nd March. Guess what, they cancelled! Will hopefully turn up on Tuesday. Have re-powered router and as a last resort did Factory reset but still no wifi. Luckily I have an old ethernet cable which I am using at moment. It all seems to stem from what happened Thursday night/Friday morning regarding this 'BT wifi is now EE wifi'. What has my BT account have to do with my wifi connection?. It seems there is no signal from router to devices. Any thoughts???

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: EE wifi causing BT router problems

Go to solution

Further to my query on 2nd March. It appears there was a Firmware update V0.42.00.10167-BT around the same time as the prob lem started. Factory reset has not solved problem.

montyb_0-1709479823412.png

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: EE wifi causing BT router problems

Go to solution

Well after all that what I thought was problem with EE. Tech came, listened to problem, went to van, new router.

job solved. In and out in 15 minutes including help resetting internet on TV