cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Help turning off or opting out of BT Wifi and BT Wifi X?

I have been trying for months on end to opt out or get this turned off, but I keep being fobbed off and passed around in circles to get nowhere.

I cannot opt out in the section of my account as there is no option to opt out, whether on a PC or in the app. In the Included in your products > BT Wifi > Learn More page it says Free unlimited BT Wi-Fi "Set up Now". This gives the impression I am already opted out but cannot do anything about it. If I click this button to "set up now" the page fails and I get a missing page error.  This page of my account has been dead-end like this for months and no person I ever speak to at BT will understand this issue no matter how much I try to explain it.

I've been told to forget the network from my pc, reboot the router and a number of things that are irrelevant and never work.  I was last told that they would opt me in, so I could then use this web page and opt out. Yet again nothing has changed and I still can't view any such opt out option.  

I would appreciate if anyone could help get hold of someone who actually understands how to opt me out as I cannot do this myself?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Help turning off or opting out of BT Wifi and BT Wifi X?

try

If you call the BTWifi help line  0800 022 3322 they can opt you out.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, but If I call that number I end up back at option 2 technical help and that is the number I keep trying which nobody seems to understand how to turn it off.  Unless there is another option I should be phoning through to?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Anybody still know how I can actually get in touch with someone that can help?

I phoned and went on live chat for about the 10th time and yet again they can't and don't know how to fix it. I opened a complaint and this will be automatically closed unless I get in touch again. I am going around in circles and getting absolutely nowhere.

I find it disgraceful that for the amount of money I am paying per month that I cannot get BT Wifi and hub sharing turned off.  

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

You should be able to turn it off in MyBT, but it seems to be broken and just goes into a loop. I did report it but nothing seems to have happened. I will ask if the mods can turn it off for you although I'm not sure why it is such a big deal. It is a complete separate and secure network from your own wifi and you don't  'share' bandwidth, you have priority over the bandwidth and only unused bandwidth is available for BTWiFi.

Message 6 of 6

Hi @Alaren

Thank you for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the problems you've been having getting BT Wi-fi turned off.  I realise the amount of contacts you have made to get this sorted and I do appreciate your time.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie