cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

HotSpot

Go to solution

My Wifi has its own name, but there is another name BTWi-fi - I think I may have created a hotspot within my street. Does this enable people in my road to log on using my Wifi? 

Can I delete it so I can only see my Wifi name in the list of all the other people in the street.

Thanks 🙂 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: HotSpot

Go to solution

You can't delete it yourself, but you can opt out of BT WiFi.

It is a totally separate and secure from your home network. It allows BT broadband and BT WiFi customers to use the hotspot when out and about. If you opt out, you will no longer be able to use the hotspots.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-opt-out-of-bt-wi-fi-

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

If you do opt out of BT WiFi, you also won't be able to use the hundreds of thousands of hotspots of free BT hotspots available around the country.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

also bear in mind that you need to log in to BTWIFI and not free to everyone.  you would also have to be basically outside your home to get a connection and 'people in your street' will be to far away from your hub to get a connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

It also only uses a small percentage of your bandwidth and then only if available, I e if you are maxing out your connection, there will be no bandwidth available for BT WiFi.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks for the info and getting back so quickly much appreciated.
0 Ratings