cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

How does Games Pass Ultimate work now? Especially if you already have Games Pass Ultimate?

I already have an Xbox account with about 26 months of Games Pass Ultimate on it.

As per this thread:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Holding-Archive/Xbox-Game-Pass-Ultimate-on-BT-Broadband/td-p/2156562/

It looks like BT take over control of the Xbox account, and it effectively "pauses" your remaining term on your Xbox account.  I believe it's meant to then return to the previous amount of months when your contract with BT expires / 12 months is up.

However, looking at some of the comments, it looks like some people did NOT get returned their account with the previously purchased months of Games Pass Ultimate.  This worries me.

Has anyone here recently finished a 6 or 12 month "Free GPU" period, and then had their account (with 20-36 months remaining) returned to them?

Are there still issues with this process? I would rather keep my account and it's remaining 26 months of paid for GPU, than risk losing it all for a 12 month subscription managed by BT.

Of course, I would prefer to keep my 26 months AND get 12 months for free 🙂 Is that too much to ask?

<Paging @rcsmith @besmirched @wideawakewesley @crbuss75 to share their experiences 6-8 months on>

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: How does Games Pass Ultimate work now? Especially if you already have Games Pass Ultimate?

Hi, @michaeldrayson welcome to the community and thanks for posting, you are correct in saying that the management of your Game pass transfers to BT for the duration of the free offer. We then automatically apply a monthly pass every month until the 12 months are up. 

To regain control of the game pass and continue with the 26 months that you have already stacked you need to opt out of the auto-renewal in MyBT before the offer is due to end.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: How does Games Pass Ultimate work now? Especially if you already have Games Pass Ultimate?

Hi Michael,

My 6 months runs out on the 28th June so we're coming up to the switch-back date. I'll check back in July and see if I'm back to normal or have any issues. My Game Pass app still states expiration in 2025, which would be right for my existing Ultimate subscription prior to using the BT offer.

Kind regards,

Rob

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @michaeldrayson My 6mth promo from BT FF500 runs out on the 17th August, so I’ll report back then and let you know.

I read a lot of mixed things ahead of applying the BT promotion. I take screenshots in the mobile Game Pass app each month as this shows your stacked time, and can confirm this increases each month with the BT promo without issue.

I also upgraded to BT FF900 with 12mth Game Pass Ultimate at a later date. I can see the BT GP Ultimate end date only seems to account for the 6mth promo though. I’m hoping this won’t be a problem and my BT 12mth Game Pass ultimate offer will just appear in the MyBT area as before - once my current 6mth deal has run its course.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I thought mine ran out last month but my Microsoft account is still showing the subscription as managed by BT. My Game Pass app still has the right expiration date for my total, so I'm not too bothered at the moment.

0 Ratings