cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

How many people are affected by BT Parental Controls issues?

So it seems for the past few months I may have had this problem without realising it.  That is until I came across an inappropriate website, thought that should have been blocked. 

Several phonecalls to BT later, and approx 11 phone conversations later, which included,

1) checking the filter, turning it off and on again

2) factory resetting the hub, turning the modem off and on again

3) deleting something their end, turning it off and on again.

4) confirming its not worked

5) trying (3) again 

6) finally agreeing its going into a "master incident" affecting a large number of users. 

according to dns leak test, my DNS servers are in wandsworth. 

I have 3 children at impressionable ages that I don't want corrupted by the internet.  Yes we supervise them, no we don't allow phones in the bedroom. I have been relying on BT as a safety net, but that net doesn't seem to be there. 

I am hoping BT are prioritising this, as I cannot put a £ value on my kids innocence and last time I looked you cannot get your childhood back. 

Hard to express into words so here are my feelings in a meme. 

literally_anything_bt.jpg

Incidentally, I appreciate the tech experts have their hands full. Its not their fault. They are trying their best, with the skills they have in challenging circumstances.  The leaders need to stand up here, and empower them to fix it.  The leaders. 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: How many people are affected by BT Parental Controls issues?

Hi @LS72715166,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if your Parental Controls aren't working as expected. Please send me your details and I'll take a look at what is happening with the fault.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings