cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

My BT app speed test is not working

Hi All

As the title states:- "My BT app speed test is not working" It just starts up, shoots round to 100% then says there is a problem??

I have deleted the app from my ios phone and re installed it but is still not working?

Is there a known problem with the tester as it worked up until quite recently?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: My BT app speed test is not working

Oh yeah, same happens to me.

Just use the Ookla App from the App Store or Playstore, I know apparently ISP's favour its traffic but its a much better speedtest app.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

@quoman7 

Good to know I’m not alone! I do wonder why the My BT app developers are dragging their feet on this one? Could it be that for some reason they don’t want us to know the actual line speeds from local exchange/cabinet to hub/router? Playing devil’s advocate here but, as paying customers, I do feel that we are entitled to an answer. For me, the last time this worked properly was 9/05/2024.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I can not carry out speed tests on My BT App. after constant contact with Bt. They could not solve the problem.

The App will do everything else. Bt eventually sent me a link to test my speed on a Nokia site they use and my speeds were perfect . the problem is the link is only accessible for around 48 hours So I unable to check my speeds once again.

My Bt app tested my speed for over a year. The problem started around 4 weeks ago.

Fed up of having to tell BT about this problem.