cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

How to apply new 12mth Game Pass promotion?

Go to solution

I upgraded to Full Fibre 900 with 12mths Game Pass Ultimate some months back. When my previous FF500 6mth promo ends, will the 12mth promo then show in my account for me to apply? 

Maybe I should just wait and see what happens after the 17th Aug, this is the end date of my BT 6mth Game Pass Ultimate subscription.

I figured someone might have an idea who has done the same upgrade. I was just expecting the end date to change but I noticed that’s not the case.

Hopefully this means the 12mth promo will show up in my account in due course. I’d like to think this will go smoothly… 😏

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: How to apply new 12mth Game Pass promotion?

Go to solution

Hi @besmirched welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, as you already have a Game Pass you don't need to do anything and the additional 12 months is automatically applied.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

@NeilO Thanks for clarifying. I have the auto renew disabled as the end date for my 6mths shows as 17th Aug, is that OK? It’s disabled to stop it rolling into a paid add-on on my BT bill.

Will the 12mth offer still get added or would you recommend I turn the auto renew back on?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @besmirched, good question and I would think that as @NeilO has said it will be automatically applied it would be best to leave the auto-renewal on. Then switch it off again after the new Game Pass is applied.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@JohnC2 I don’t really want to run the risk of being charged though and then having to chase up a refund.

For clarity I have had the auto renew off for several months and I’m still getting my free months each time, so I think it just stops the paid for add-on being applied. You’re the experts though.

I just see the end date as 17th Aug for my 6mth promo, so my 12mth promo lingering in the wind aside, I think there’s a chance with auto renew on that I might get charged.

Do you know what will happen if I keep auto renew off? I would assume that my 12mth promo will just appear as an option for me to select in MyBT account area, or it’ll just auto get added on when the other 6mth promo finishes.

I’ll follow your recommendation though for the easy life, what do you think is the best plan here? 

And, do you recall any other customers who upgraded from FF500 to FF900 and have been in this same situation with 6mth and 12mth Game Pass Ultimate.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@JohnC2 @NeilO Hi, can I get a quick update on the best course of action here?

I did try toggling the auto renew back on and when I do this a little note appears to say I'll be charged £10 per month. 

My 6mth promo end date is the 17th Aug. I currently have left auto renew off in the hope the 12mth GP option will appear in MyBT account after this date. And I can hopefully just add it manually as before.

What do you recommend here, leave auto renew off, or turn it on?

My other concern is that I am currently taking part in a BT & EE Trial and have my bill covered. I was worried if I have GP auto renew on that if I do get charged this might mess my bills up with the trial.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @besmirched 

I'd follow what was advised by JohnC2 above, should you then get charged, post back to us here and we can address and resolve it for you, without you having to chase.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Ok thanks
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
Hi, got an update for you. My bill is in and it does have the £10 charge for Game Pass Ultimate.

I’m also expecting my bill to be covered again this month for a BT Trial that I am participating in. I hope this additional charge won’t impact that.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @besmirched and thanks for the update.

I'd like to make sure everything is in order for you so please drop me a reply to my private message.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings