cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Is BT Cloud closing?

I’m getting the ‘You’ve run out of local disk space… “ message on my PCs which have plenty of space available. 

According to another thread it’s been revealed that the error is likely due to “ BTCloud being shut down at the end of October”

Not heard about this. But could one of the BT moderators please advise / comment - Thanks. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is BT Cloud closing?

From 26 October BT Cloud will no longer be offered to customers who take BT Broadband packages. For customers who have not already set up the service, the option to do so will no longer exist in MyBT.  Existing BT Broadband customers who have already activated BT Cloud can continue to use it as they do today but will not be able to upgrade their storage.

Given the above it is more than likely that BT Cloud will be closed down some time in the future although no time scale has been given.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks @gg30340 . I heard about the Cloud not being available to new customers a few months ago now. But what concerned me was this error message being associated with a likely closure of the service altogether. While closure to existing customers may indeed be the case sometime down the line,  from what you’re saying there’s no need to worry just yet. Just need to find why I’m getting this local disk space error message. Perhaps I’ve added a large file somewhere on another PC’s Cloud folder that’ll exceed the disk space left on one of my lesser PCs when synced?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I don't use BTCloud so I am not able to suggest or help with your problem but I'm sure other forum member wil help.

0 Ratings