cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Is it possible to move the BT Cloud sync folder on MacBook

I chose desktop when setting up, without realising everything on the desktop automatically sync's to the icloud, which quickly filled up.  Would prefer to avoid using iCloud and instead sync with BT Cloud

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is it possible to move the BT Cloud sync folder on MacBook

Unless you already have set up a BT Cloud account it is no longer available to new accounts

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi, I do already have a BT Cloud account, which I set up a few years ago on my iMac.  Today I opened it up on my Macbook, and selected desktop as the folder for it to sync to expecting everything to drop into a BT Cloud folder.  However,  instead all the folders from BT Cloud appeared individually on my desktop and began syncing to icloud (which quickly filled up).  Just wondered if possible to just sync with my Macbook, without everything automatically uploading to icloud aswell.  Thanks, David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

On Windows I would do this by opening BT Cloud preferences, select Sync, untick "Enable BT Cloud sync" , then change the location of the BT Cloud folder in the box below this. Having done that, I would retick "Enable BT Cloud sync" and everything should now be in that new location. It may of course be duplicated in both the old and the new location, as it is not the greatest piece of software. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks SteveClayton, but unfortunately that doesn't work on my MacBook. 

I have disabled the sync, and will just leave it that way as don't see any advantage in syncing with BT Cloud when my data is already going to iCloud.

0 Ratings