cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 291 of 366

Re: MacOs 11 compatibility with Virus Protect

Any updates or more of the daily silence from BT?

0 Ratings
Message 292 of 366

25 March ....no sign of any smoke - black or white

0 Ratings
Message 293 of 366

Statement on McAfee website
Version 4.11.x is being made available to 'direct' McAfee customers starting 22 March 2021.
For customers who purchased or obtained their McAfee software through a McAfee partner, (ie BT) version 4.11.x will be available shortly after.
Message 294 of 366

29th March - no update - clearly a mid sized software provider like McAfee does not take BT seriously.  If someone at BT had the cojones - they should terminate McAfee, find an alternative supplier ASAP and apologies publicly to it s customers

Message 295 of 366

I might just cancel my BT deal and go with Vodafone which I think I am allowed to do since BT are breaking the terms of the contract.

Works both ways, right?

0 Ratings
Message 296 of 366

"More online security than any other provider"

But can't be bothered to reply to emails.

0 Ratings
Message 297 of 366

Just made this complaint- let’s see if I get any reply:

I have been waiting since end of last year for BT to fix their firewall issue with Mac users for the security software you provide. Nothing has happened. It?s not fixed, there are no updates and yet you continue to advertise that you provide this level of security. I have seen endless complaints on the BT forum, all being ignored. This is unacceptable. Perhaps it?s time to escalate the issue!!!!!!

Message 298 of 366

31st March - the last date of the Update Timeline v76 and no fix yet.  It occurred to me that the reason my everyone at BT who I talk to asks me to look at this forum for official update announcement as opposed to the BT website or BT emails (of which I get many to buy new kit/offers etc) is that they do not want to formally accept responsibility and so are using this informal forum to communicate.  If true - you got to question the ethics of the organisation

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager - Retired
Message 299 of 366

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while the issue with the firewall was addressed by McAfee.  I appreciate that you have all been waiting a long time for the fix so I am pleased to say that it is here!

You can download the most recent update version 4.11 via your MyBT account, please follow these instructions

•              Login to MyBT : MyBT Home 
  •              Click on Manage Security
  •              Click on Manage BT Virus Protect
  •              You will be redirected to McAfee MyAccount page
  •              Download products
  •              Install

Once you have installed the new version please follow these instructions to enable the firewall,

• After the 4.11 update, open the security console and press on “Turn on”.  In the system settings, go to Security & Privacy -> Unlock the lock with credentials to make changes -> Click on "Allow" to enable McAfee System Extension.
  • Once it is completed, you will get a pop-up to allow again the McAfee System Extension.
  • After that open, the security console again -> Click on Action Centre Slide to Turn on Firewall or go to the security console and select “MAC Security” tab to enable Firewall by pressing ”Enable the Firewall” and applying the changes.

If you run into any problems please post back here.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Message 300 of 366

You're running a Mac not Windows. Providing you're keeping the OS up to date you really don't need virus protect on a Mac.

0 Ratings