cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Mcafee to Norton virus protect

Hi, first post here as I'm desperate to know if BT is indeed changing from McAfee to Norton pc security or is it a scam, as clicking on ANY link, including "contact us" goes nowhere. I have been away from my PC since just before this email arrived and have only just seen it. Receipt of email on 18/3/22 and need to change over by the 31/3/22... seems a ridiculously short window when I consider how long this must have been in the pipeline, but, having worked for BT for 42 years it's not at all surprising. My McAfee is still running with recent scan logs. I have also been getting what I thought WERE scam emails from "McAfee" as there is plenty online about people having these emails from "McAfee" saying their subscription is going to run out when they don't even have McAfee. If the move is NOT a scam, then how do I download it? Please help.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Mcafee to Norton virus protect

See this post.

Important updates to your virus and password prote... - BT Community

As with all unsolicited emails you should not click on any links in order to download anything onto your computer. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for your reply but it doesn't solve anything for me. I don't click on ANYTHING that I don't believe to be true and that is why I am asking the question as to whether BT IS changing from McAfee to Norton as there has been a question answered on the forum regarding the change and how Norton doesn't work with Apple products. Also, the email from "BT" has the last 4 digits of my account number and looks almost like the previous email from BT which IS real.. I know these scammers copy stuff but that's why I need to know.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Did you bother to read the link I posted above.

That will answer your question about BT moving to Norton.

As regards your email. It might be a scam as there are a lot going about regarding the change or then again it might be from BT because they are sending out emails about it.

It is not possible to say for sure if its a scam or not going on the information you posted.

Hence my advice about not clicking links and posting the message from the moderators of this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Ok, thanks for your reply. No, I didn't read the link because I didn't actually see it..!! So, apologies for that. So, it seems BT have moved over and has been available since late last year, which leads me to ask the question of why only now, 18/3/22? Since I noticed this email regarding the change over I have asked several of my colleagues if they are aware and so far I have not found one!! But, nevertheless, having read the link it still doesn't tell me how to download Norton, and as for Truekey or Norton password manager I have no idea what those are. So, back to my original post, if this is not a scam (which it clearly is not) HOW do I download Norton, for I see no links, or is it because the cut off date has passed? I've had BT mail and Broadband and Vision since it first came out. Am I now out in the cold?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

As per the link I posted 

From 13th December 2021, you’ll be able to switch and download the new BT Virus Protect product powered by NortonTM and the new Norton Password ManagerTM from My BT.

So you log onto your MyBT and it should tell you there and if not go to Security.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Ok, thank you. I have already been on MyBT as per the original email but there was nothing there, but I will look again and then try Security. A question I have, is where have these links come from and where have they been posted, because I don't understand why, even if I had access to my mail when it arrived, was it such late notification? Anyway, thank you for your patience but you may not have heard the last of me yet..!!!!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Ok, now I am losing the will to live... nothing in MyBT, hover over the context menu, find security, ask the question of how to download BT virus protect.. it says, go to MyBT, your account and hover over menu and look for your security... so, going through security, getting the instructions, going into your account and guess what? just my account details, no links to security even hovering over the menu again..I have now been at this since 14.30 today and I am still non the wiser...heeeeelllpppp.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Log onto your MyBT then click on Your Security then scroll down the page and you should see BT Virus Protect, which is the name that BT call their antivirus product supplied by Norton, and click on the Activate button or what ever name is showing there. Read carefully any information and follow the prompts.

Norton_LI.jpg

0 Ratings