cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

My BT app

I have installed the My BT app on my Android phone. Once installed it asks me to log in which I do. The app then takes me through a 2 factor authentication process. BT send me a code by text so I flip to Messages to retrieve the code. It's 8 numbers but I can't do a "copy/paste" action with the text so I remember the first 4 digits. I flip back to the My BT app and it just crashes back to the log in page. I have tried this a dozen times and uninstalled and reinstalled the app but I always get the same outcome. Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: My BT app

Pen and paper?

Message 3 of 6

Not a useful answer. As soon as I have tried to move back to the app it crashes. I am not even given time to input it even if I wanted to

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Use a computer to log onto your MyBT and then turn on 2FA. Install your MyBT app and log on. It should not then require you to turn on 2FA but it will send you a code to your chosen device to verify that your phone can use it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Sorry I don't understand....

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

What do you not understand?

Just log onto your MyBT on a computer and set up 2FA from there. Once 2FA is set up you do not need to set it up again on any other device because it is already registered as being turned on.

Two-step authentication | BT Help

It will only activate when you try and log onto your MyBT from your phone or any other device for the first time and in order to allow access to your MyBT you will be send a verification code to confirm it is you which you use in order to access your MyBT on the phone.

0 Ratings