cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 28

My BT won't show usage

My wife's My BT app has stopped showing usage. On the 'home' page it says "Sorry we can't show your mobile usage at the moment. Please try again later.

And, if she selects the Usage icon at the bottom of the screen, it says "Fetching the Authorisation Token . . . Please wait for a moment . . .
That 'moment' lasts for ever. It never comes up.

This has been happening for about a week.

To be clear, we share a BT account and all of this works fine in MY BT on my phone.

We have tried removing and re-installing the app twice. Have also cleared the cache and data on the phone.

Her phone is a Motorola Moto G(50)

When checking all this out, I also tried usage by logging into BT on my laptop . This works, but, both this and my phone app, sometimes flash up the "Fetching the Authorisation Token " message momentarily before moving on.

Any thoughts would help please otherwise I'm going to have to get her a new phone.

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Re: My BT won't show usage

This has worsened.

I now have the same fault. (Please read my original posting for details.)

My app (My BT for Android) updated to V. 8.50.0 this morning and I now have the same problem.

I'm really hoping an expert on here will pick up on this and get it sorted. Otherwise I'm looking at hours of mostly fruitless telephone time trying to get through to someone in BT who gets it.

And make no mistake - this is going to spread. My phone is a Galaxy A35 and I predict this can happen to anyone as the app is updated on thier phone.

Screenshots attached.

Screenshot_20240524_091913_My BT.jpgScreenshot_20240524_091851_My BT.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 28

This has been mentioned numerous times and mods are not commenting, so I don’t expect this is going to get fixed. BT consumer is in a rather graceless state of decay now.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 28

Hi Colin,

Yes, I've just been finding some of the other postings. This is going to spread if they don't fix it.

Not good.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 28

Hi

I have also got this issue,  rang BT today - only a few mins for them to answer.  They have said they are aware of the issue and as of yet have not found a resolution.  I use a one plus 7 pro.  I also had the same problem on MacBook Air, managed to get it working via Safari settings and changing a few things in there. I hope they resolve it soon. Good luck with yours.

I saw that a MOD DavidM - was looking into it, but no one has said they have had a positive result as yet.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

Well done Garry - that's encouraging. As far as the app's concerned, I'll be looking for a version update ASAP.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 28

Apps have got a lot to answer for as there are some good ones and some dire ones.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 28

Hi Edmund, thanks for this thread. I've the same problem for weeks now and was about to put in a complaint to BT.

However, I decided to uninstall and re-install the app, just for the heck of it 😉 - to my amazement, it actually worked and my mobile usage is now showing! (I've checked 3 times and all good.)

My phone is a Galaxy Z Flip4 on Android version 14.

Good luck with getting yours sorted.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 28

Well done you.

Would you please confirm what version of the app you now have.

By the way, this problem also happens if I go to BT.com in a web browser on my mobile, ie not using the My BT app. So I'm wondering if it's more than just an app problem - or perhaps some issue with Android.

I'm now thinking of complaining to BT, tellling them that if I go over my allowance I won't know and won't expect to pay for it 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 28

Can you confirm what version of the phone app you are using?

This dogs dinner of an app and web browser version hasn't been working for a while now.

My phone version is 8.50.2 running on Android.

There are several other long threads on this topic.

I don't think fixing it is going to be as simple as uninstalling and reinstalling. If the app has a bug in it, it will probably reappear.

Besides, so far, BT has done little to fix it or offer any help. It didn't stop them adding that irritating advert for EE popping up.

0 Ratings