cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 28

Re: My BT won't show usage

Hi there.

Nothing doing with BT ref the phone BT app.

Was advised to uninstall and reinstall the app as being re-jigged for EE.

Total waste of time. Nothing changed, same 8.50.2 version, Android all up to date.

Forget the app and use MyBT through Chrome browser. A bit more work but it will show usage.

I somehow managed to get to a point in Chrome settings on the phone where I could set Allow popups for MyBT.

Here's a link that might help get you there

https://www.avast.com/c-how-to-stop-pop-up-ads-android 

It's the last section and shows BT.com as an exception to block popups.

I can't give you the full navigation as I don't want to mess it up. Be aware that the daily usage is slightly less detailed.

I don't think BT are interested in fixing the app and all their effort seems to be going into promoting EE.

Hope this helps

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 28

@piglet22 

Since around 4 July, my usage has been showing correctly (one assumes) on the MyBT app... I've been checking daily.
I've NO idea why it's suddenly started to work properly, given that it was working very badly previously, over weeks & months...
Fingers crossed you get yours sorted!

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 28

Hello

I've been through the complaints process and it's clear to me that BT have little interest in fixing this.

EE customers have the same problem.

BT Mobile is on the way out as EE takes over. You may be forced to move over to EE or BT Mobile becomes uncompetitive.

After a lot of work, MyBT app did work on the phone but now doesn't work as the app or through the phone web browser.

The problem is definitely popup related and there must be a difference in the way the phone and PC deal with popups.

On the PC, the "fetching toke...." rubbish still shows up but does go through to usage.

Be aware that the main problem is with the derailed daily breakdown of usage, essential if you want to track where your usage has increased or not.

The long and short of it is that as soon as I can find an alternative to BT Mobile and EE, I will be ditching them.

Another once good company gone down the pan.

Message 24 of 28

As from yesterday,  my My BT started displaying usage again.  I see the app version has been updated to 8.51.0.

That's about four months since I first posted about it on here. 

I'm not completely happy since (and this is when I'm on the app,  having used the PIN) it is asking for a full log-in when I go to Usage.  This seems do defeat the point of having a handy PIN. .

Message 25 of 28

@Edmund 

You're absolutely correct.

Once I start to look at my products and go to the detail - Digital Voice  BT  Call Protect for example - it wants me to login again.

This is iOS 8.51.0 .

I worked developing computer systems for over 30 years and I've never seen so much c**p being issued and it's not just BT. Clearly the developers lack skill and there's little in the way of testing being new versions are released.

Message 26 of 28

This is absolute rubbish.

After many failures in the past, the phone all (android) has been working of sorts up to yesterday.

Today, nothing works including the web browser version.

Can't log in on the web browser and just get "bad request" error. Same on phone.

Yes, the phone app has been throwing up log in again requests before you could get to usage.

Total, utter rubbish and time waster.

BT are clearly trying to offload customers as fast as they can. End to end testing? Never heard of it.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 28

14:29

30/7/2024

The problems with the latest My BT app is known and is affecting my parts of the BT set up.

No known time or date for fix.

Might be Something to do with EE app update. 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 28

Seems to be fixed AM 31/07/2024.

Still faffing around with multiple login requests.

Nothing from BT.

Another day, another problem.

0 Ratings