cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Norton Password Manager not working after software update on PC.

I have Norton Security App (Norton Password included) on my PC and I have Norton Password Manager on my Samsung phone and Tablet. All three units worked okay. My PC was set up as Passwordless by linking it to my Phone.

Then the Norton Security app on my PC was updated to version 22.24.5.6. When I went to use the password manager it stated it was disabled. I pressed the set up button and it put me through to MyBT log in. I logged in and could not find anything that aloud me to enable password manager.

Now the Password manager states the extension is installed however when I try to access the vault it does not recognize my password. My vault password still works perfectly on my phone and tablet.

I used an another password and a vault opened but was totally empty.

Anybody got any idea how I get Norton Password working on my PC. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Norton Password Manager not working after software update on PC.

Here is an update.

I have found my original vault by logging onto Norton directly, but I do not have any subscriptions with Norton directly.

If I log into MyBT and check the vault it is a new vault.

My phone and Tablet seem to be linked to the vault held in Norton but my PC seemed to be linked to the Vault in MyBT.

I cannot seem to find anyway of downloading the data in the original vault held on Norton  so I can upload it into the MyBT vault.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Norton Password Manager not working after software update on PC.

Good afternoon @Hamishthomas, thanks for reaching out to us here on the BT Community. 

Just to check first of all, when you've installed this on your phone an PC in the past, did you do all of this via My BT?

You can check out a few more details on this via this page:

What is BT Virus Protect and how do I get it? | BT Help

Peter

0 Ratings