cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Norton Security Full Disk Access

I have just updated my iMac to Ventura and now my Norton Security pops up with a message telling me I need to finish setup. It was working perfectly before the update and I haven't changed anything else, only the OS for the iMac. When I click the message it says that I need to give the Norton System Extension "Full Access" in my Privacy and Security. I've checked and it already has full access. I've tried restarting and checking for updates, but nothing works.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Norton Security Full Disk Access

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

I am having the same problem waiting for BT to come back to me as i have reported the issue

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi,

I've just upgraded to Ventura on my MacBook Pro and am now also having the same problem. Is there any easy fix for this as i'm not completely tech savvy for this kind of thing. 

Worked perfectly okay before the upgrade, I upgraded and i'm having the exact same issue. Everything is enabled/is accessible but nothing seems to work.  

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Did you not read message 2, it's an Apple problem

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

I did actually however speaking to someone who works for Norton via Twitter DM, he has offered a possible solution. 

And there's no need to be so rude, thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

This is the advice that Vikram from Norton provided me via DM on Twitter. It has worked for me so i'm going to share it here.

To avoid receiving Norton Full Disk Access prompts, remove and enable the Norton System Extension again.

Before following the below steps, make sure that you close your Norton product if it already opened on your Mac. 

Open your Norton Device security product.

In the Full Disk Access prompt, click Open Settings

In the Full Disk Access window, select Norton System Extension from the list and click the minus (-) icon at the bottom.

You'll get the Full Disk Access prompt. When you do, type in your Mac Admin account password or use Touch ID and then click 'Modify Settings' 

Norton System Extension will be re-added to the list with the slider turned off in the Full Disk Access window.

Proceed further, even if the Norton System Extension is missing in the list. 

Close the System Settings window

Close and reopen your Norton device security product.

Click open settings in the Full Disk access prompt. 

Next to Norton System Extension, slide it to 'on'

Type in your admin password and then click modify settings

And it should  hopefully work.

It worked for me. (Also works if you have Malwarebytes and that's affected by this bug)

Hope it works for you. 

Message 8 of 9

I have been having exactly the same problem can anyone advise ?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for the information seems to be working fine now Thanks very much

0 Ratings