cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Norton Virus Protect

Just uploaded the Norton Virus protect onto my laptop and tried to run a full scan.    Stayed as 'working' all night without completing and , when trying to end the task, it wont end it, says that it is not responding.   Any ideas ?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Norton Virus Protect

Did you check that your laptop meets the minimum system requirements as follows (What is BT Virus Protect and how do I get it? | BT Help)

BT Virus Protect covers Windows PC and Mac (desktops and laptops) and Android devices.

The following operating systems are compatible:

PC

• Microsoft Windows 11
  • Microsoft Windows 10 (all versions)
  • Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 (all versions). Some protection features are not available in Windows 8 Start screen browsers
  • Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit) with Service Pack 1 (SP 1) or later with SHA-2 code signing support

SafeCam is only available on Windows (excluding Windows 10 in S mode, Window running on ARM Processor).

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Many thanks for your swift reply.

My PC is on windows 10 so should, I believe, be ok ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Yes, it should be OK.

Did you previously have the McAfee version installed?

One of the known problems with McAfee is that it doesn't always uninstall properly and that can cause problems when trying to install another AV program (and strangely enough that includes re-installing McAfee).

It may be worth uninstalling Norton and downloading the MCPR tool from the McAfee website before trying to re-install Norton.

See https://service.mcafee.com/?articleId=TS101331&page=shell&shell=article-view for details

0 Ratings