cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Norton Download

So BT want me to activate / download the  BT Virus Protect Norton.

Anyone know how to actually do this ?  Trying via the BT account just dumps me to a page that reads simply "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Norton Download

Hi @srapublic,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you're having problems activating BT Virus protect.

If you take a look at What is BT Virus Protect and how do I get it? you'll find the steps you need to follow to activate the service.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks.  That however just gets me to a page that states:

SERVER ERROR
Please try again or contact Member Services & Support.
Error Description:
0S4ZhvHV1gmVKWPmpoyhu+TvvrjLe4JoLH9hWmGQW6pZwcV6D5j6LVxo22G4Wc5sghUvrwWJKSLKrcjHqfi8OM2/v5LhCAkaz/FRhRKqH2Ju2iNeLWhJmOSUTD1KnuQKsoJ1FlCmwItg4XS51zS0/etKdU1IqpYs+wiMgAGqILQ7wLlxEdzTm06gT1FzTZx0sGTcTPQ450ZeVNX61yk5WIInan46VhmW9G3bpSM9V7IyelF25ZEyLH27/DRxDGBSnS4nkCYKJCELW9aFFr5Ub/V5AXcW+a5xk+HPzDuQ/9sFyXa9P42VMCJGHf/HypbmBxXOiySlLoAzlLkSg4qyvw==
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @srapublic 

Thank you for posting back.

I'm really sorry that you're still having problems downloading BT Virus Protect powered by Norton.  Before we take your details in to give you a hand with this; can you check and make sure that your BT ID is set up as the primary BT ID?

To do this, log in to MyBT> Your details > Account and click "I should be the account holder".

Once you've done that try going through to download the software again.  Post back and let me know how you get on.  If you're still having problems I'll let you know how you can come through to us and we will get you sorted from here.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

If you are already using an Antivirus product other than the antivirus McAfee product supplied by BT, you do not need to download and use BT Virus Protect Norton.

You can happily continue to use your chose AV product.

0 Ratings