cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Norton instead of Mcafee

Go to solution

Started my new contract with BT, which now has Norton instead of Mcafee. I have uninstalled Mcafee and restarted my Mac but I still cannot get Norton on my PC.  I have followed the instructions to the letter.  Called the help line today and they said I must still have Mcafee on my system, but I cannot find anything anywhere, don't lie leaving it unprotected

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Norton instead of Mcafee

Go to solution

Hi @orkneylass1, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting.

Sorry that you're having trouble installing Norton on your MAC. Check out the Virus Protect help page and there is a section on removing a non-Norton security product from your computer which should help.

Post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Follow the link below to remove McAfee from your computer.

McAfee KB - How to install, configure, uninstall McAfee software on macOS (TS101226)

If that doesn't work try downloading and running CCleaner for Mac. Use the Custom Clean and Registry cleaner. If you get an option to back up the registry use that option. After doing that try installing Norton.

Download CCleaner for Mac | Clean up your Mac!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Have a look for symantec, either downloads or apps, I had a problem installing too kept saying there was already a version of norton on my computer, it suddenly clicked that Symantec and Norton are connected so I removed the symantec stuff and then was able to install on my Mac. good luck
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi everyone, thank you for your replies, I have spent several hours trying to resolve this problem, and have read so many messages in the form, and took the advice of one this morning and it has proven to be successful.  I phones the McAfee helpline in Slough, Berkshire and a very helpful lady took over my Mac for no more than 10 mins and all hidden files were found and got rid of.  Have now managed to Install Norton as per my BT contract.