cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Norton online security

Go to solution

I have tried to install Norton online security on my iMac (latest model using Monterey version 12.2) as per BT instruction, but the download has stalled at stage 3 of 5 ‘Full Disk Access’. When I ‘Open Preferences’ it brings up the ‘Security & Privacy’ view but that does not show ‘Norton System Extension’ as a tick box option. All that is shown is ‘Install Norton Security’ and ‘Norton Security’ which I have ticked and locked. The Norton Security app is shown with a green tick at the base of my main screen but when I open the  app it simply asks me to complete Full Disk Access. I also get warning messages from Norton to say that ‘You are at risk!’ and to finish set up which I am not able to do given that the Full Disk Access option does not appear in my Security & Privacy. When I access the Norton dashboard/report it states that there is an issue but when I press the Fix It button it simply states that I need to be online - which I am! Any ideas please to resolve this issue. Otherwise my plan A is to uninstall - but I am not a techie and am unsure how to uninstall and if I did would the same  stage 3 installation issue reoccur? Plan B would be to take the Mac back to factory settings which I am loath to do. Help!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Norton online security

Go to solution

I know this sounds daft, but did you scroll down on the left hand side?  Full Disk Access is further down that list on the left hand side.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Norton online security

Go to solution

Many thanks for this. The Mac defaulted to Full Disk Access, however your suggestion did prompt me to scroll down the list of Apps (previously I had tried the +\- buttons without success) and that brought up the Norton System Extension. Hopefully now resolved! 

0 Ratings