cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Norton security 360 license not recognized

After successfully installing Norton security 360 on my laptop, the tablet and phone versions cannot find my license when I login with the same account as my laptop’s Norton. I’m asked if I want to buy a yearly license, to use Norton 360.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Norton security 360 license not recognized

Hi @Al1979 Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, have you activated the subscription in MyBT?

You can install BT Virus Protect on up to two or 15 PCs, depending on the number of licences you have. You should install it on all the computers in your home to protect them online and offline.

To share your licences and install the software, simply follow the steps below:

1. Log in to My BT using the BT ID username and password with Account Holder status. To check the status, view Your Account details (hover over My BT to view the menu)
  2. Select Your Security in the top menu bar
  3. Find the BT Virus Protect tile and select Switch to Norton
  4. If you're using BT Virus Protect for the first time, select Activate
  5. The status will change to Manage
  6. Select Manage to go to the My Norton portal, where you can start installing BT Virus Protect
  7. If you're using the device that needs Norton protection, choose Agree & Download

If you want to install Norton on another device:

1. Choose Send a download link 
  2. You will then reach a page where the download link can be shared via email, text or by copying the link. Alternatively, you can also scan the QR code found on the page
  3. Click on the link from the email/text on the device you want Norton installed on
  4. Click Agree & Download

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I get the screen below on my iPhone:

IMG_0788.PNG

It's odd how it says it can't be installed on my iPhone, and also says it can be installed on iOS. My iPhone uses iOS!

I got this screen before, which is when I downloaded Norton Secuirty 360 from the App Store. However, getting it from the App Store is most likely the reason it doesn't find my license.

Either way, there's a problem preventing me from correctly installing it on my smart devices.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@Al1979 BT Virus protect is not compatible with iOS so it wont work on iPhones or iPads sorry.

BT Virus Protect covers Windows PC and Mac (desktops and laptops) and Android devices.

The following operating systems are compatible:

PC

• Microsoft Windows 11
  • Microsoft Windows 10 (all versions)
  • Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 (all versions). Some protection features are not available in Windows 8 Start screen browsers
  • Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit) with Service Pack 1 (SP 1) or later with SHA-2 code signing support

SafeCam is only available on Windows (excluding Windows 10 in S mode, Window running on ARM Processor).

Mac

• Current and previous two versions of Mac OS

SafeCam features are not supported.

Android

• Android 8.0 or later. Must have Google Play app installed
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

If that's true, then the sentence:

"However, it can be installed on the following operating system: ...iOS"

Needs to be changed, as it's misleading!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Al1979 I have fed that back. Sorry for any confusion caused.

Neil

0 Ratings