cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Not able to connect to BT wifi hotspot using BT broadband account

Hi,

I have problem logging in to BT wifi hotspot using my BT broadband account. BT guarantee that BT broadband user can access to BT wifi hotspot. But it said something went wrong with my BT ID, please visit My BT for more information. And My BT didn’t show anything at all.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Not able to connect to BT wifi hotspot using BT broadband account

Your BTID must be an email address and the password is the same as you use to log onto your MyBT.

Are you using the BTWifi app or using a web browser?

The following is from the BTWifi Help pages

On your mobile device:

1. Select the Settings icon on your device
  2. Select Wi-Fi (or Wireless & Networks) from the Settings menu
  3. Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on
  4. From the list of available networks choose BTWi-fi or _BTWi-fi
  5. Once connected, you are on the BT Wi-Fi network

On your desktop - click the wireless icon at the bottom right of the screen and select BTWi-fi or _BTWi-fi from the drop-down menu.

Once connected to the BT Wi-Fi network, you're ready to login to your closest BT Wi-Fi hotspot and start using the internet. To login to a hotspot:

1. Once you join the BT Wi-Fi network (steps above), a browser window will appear. If it doesn't, open your browser and type 'www.btwifi.com' into your browser's address bar.
  2. If you're an existing customer with an access account click the 'log in now' button and you'll be presented with 3 options in the drop down menu.

• BT Wi-Fi — Use this if you're an existing BT Wi-Fi voucher or subscription customer
    • BT Broadband — Use this if you're an existing BT Broadband customer
    • BT Business Broadband — Use this if you're an existing BT Business Broadband customer

If you're not already one of these customers, you have the option to purchase one of our voucher products.

3. You are now online and can start browsing.

On desktop or tablet devices, a new web browser window may open confirming you're connected. Minimise, rather than close, the web browser window - now you're ready to browse the internet.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Not able to connect to BT wifi hotspot using BT broadband account

Hi @leepy8039 I've posted on your other thread regarding the problem you're experiencing adding your BT account number to your MyBT as that is likely the reason for these issues.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings