cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Parental controls not working

Hi after a failed upgrade to fibre that I cancelled my parental controls are no longer working. I had no work done at the house. I have turned controls on and off on my bt. I have set controls to strict. I have turned bb box on and off to reset it. I still have totally unfiltered Internet access that my children and their friends can access. Please help

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Parental controls not working

Hi @Leeboy,

I am so sorry to see that your filters aren't working as they should be. I would recommend raising a fault for this with us. If you haven't already phoned in, or won't get a chance to, I will send you a private message so that my team can help you. Please note, it will take us a few working days to get back to you through the Community but we will do all we can to help you.

We have a unique identifier or reference number with BT Wholesale for your broadband line. This can change when you move from one broadband technology to another. It's highly likely that your parental controls are active against the FTTP (Full Fibre) reference number that didn't complete since you mentioned that the order failed. We need to correct that part and get the service active asap.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Finally after weeks trying to get muppets at BT to put my parental controls back on they did a couple of months later. Since then I am no longer able to pause the security for 1 hour when I try accessing a block page. It used to give me the option to enter I D and password and pause my security for 1 hour so I could order tickets for shows or acces my wine club . Now it's just blockpage cannot access.  This is from every computer not just phone. I have restated hub. I have to go into settings and turn off security which takes up to 2 hours. Then log back in again to turn back on which can take up to 2 hours. Bloody useless. If I didn't have my main email with Bt I would have left years ago.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Hello........? Usual BT .....nothing.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Hi @Leeboy

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the problems you're having with Parental Controls.  We can pick up from here and help you get this all sorted.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

I am having the same issue. I have allowed games through the Parental control setting, but none of the game sites are accessible. Tried everything, switched off the Parental Control,  switched off Web Protect but no use. Restarted my hub, IP settings etc. it was a waste of time. Had a lengthy chat with the Support Team, I was informed that it's related to an outage and the issues should get resolved by today. Let's see. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

I set up parental controls, but found them to agrressive, and switched them off. The settings remain and I get blockpage messages.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I was told by your colleague it was all sorted....nope. Still settings locked out I can access WiFi but games etc are banned. Hub resets and locks out, if turned off then I cannot reset. Not even waiting the 2 hours.  Got to the point if I try turning off filters which takes 2 sodding hours just to order some wine.. then 2 hours to put them back on...which is useless....then they all go pair shaped either no filters or filters everything including games. Can't win. Even if I don't touch the settings woke up today and restricted WiFi kids can't access stuff and my resets haven't worked.  Why the **bleep** does it take 4 hours to turn them on and off to check. Useless

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

It was all fine until some **bleep** changed my settings 6 months ago. If I didn't have bt email address I'd leave tomorrow even pay to get out of it

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Leeboy @crazyeighty8 and @Saju_J,

I'm sorry if you've had problems with the Parental Controls. The Parental Controls Team have made some changes and they believe this has resolved things, please could you retest and let me know if you're still experiencing issues.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings