cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Problems with getting free access to wifi hotspot as a fibre customer

I'm losing the will here.

I have been trying to log on to an EE-wifi hotspot using my BT log-in details but all it does after I have entered my password is take me straight to the EE-wifi landing page requiring me to either log on again (same thing happens) as an existing user or pay as a new customer. Any advice please as all I get on the phone is selections to choose from to take me to an operator and none of the selections incorporate wifi. My understanding from the person I spoke to on the phone last week was that I would be able to access the hotspots for free.

To give some background here: I ordered fibre to be installed back on 23rd Sept and the hub etc were sent out and received, as for the engineer, I have had date after date given for when they will come out followed by excuse after excuse as to why they have to raise another 'fault' and close it off before any engineer can come out. It's now been more than a month and I have not been able to work at home in that time........

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problems with getting free access to wifi hotspot as a fibre customer

Hi @rachelserena I'm really sorry to see you're having problems logging into the EE wifi hotspots. Do you're BT ID credentials allow you to log in to the www.bt.com/mybt website and does it show that you're opted into BT/EE wifi?

This help page explains the log in steps you need to follow from a browser, you can also log in using the BT wifi app for android or Apple. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi Neil

Yes, my login credentials do allow me to log in on the site you provided, but I can't seem to find where on those pages I would see if I'm opted into BT/EE wifi?

Sorry! It's probably somewhere really obvious but I can't find it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@rachelserena  i can’t find the setting either. I thought the WiFi opt in/out setting was on the BT Hub where you enabled/disabled the BT WiFi hotspot, but I can’t find that.

Do you have the BT WiFi App? I login in ok to both BT WiFi & EE WiFi, but not the BT/EE WiFi-X.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@rachelserena After logging into MyBT on a browser, click your products, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you should see BT Wifi under the included in your product section. Click learn more and you should be able to see if you're opted in on that page.

Did you try the app?

Neil

0 Ratings